Monday, October 18, 2010

Work

Tomato picking is pretty dull business. I mean, I thought there was nothing worth stealing at the Robinson's Fruit Shoot warehouse. Pick tomatoes, stack tomatoes, sweat, prune leaves, cut thumb off, turn sulphur-yellow, bin leaves.

But we have money now, allowing us to celebrate our 4-year anniversary by doing something we have always wanted to do together - whale watching. Not that we saw any whales, but we did get to go on a boat, so we were smiling. I think Penny was smiling, maybe her face just froze like that, I don't know. 

We saw Penny's Aunt and Uncle Bill & Jane, and cousins Brett & Joel last week. I probably had a bit too much to drink and ended up at the keyboard, jamming with Bill and Joel, who play drums and guitar. I was pretty terrible, but no-one seemed to mind.

We also met Penny's Nana in Whangarei, and we now know how and when the world is going to end, which is nice. Means we don't end up doing a big shop the day before.

We will upload some photos when we get the chance, and you can see it all for yourselves. in the meantime, I'll try to keep updating whenever I can.

Off whale-watching again now on our free sorry-we-couldn't-find-whales-and-everyone-was-sick vouchers. Wish us luck, eh?

Doug&Penny

1 comment:

  1. Hi, have just posted a blog which disappeared into thin air, so i'm just testing-----M&I

    ReplyDelete